Your privacy matters
At CommuniVETTM, we firmly believe that information can (and should) be shared in a way that is fresh, engaging and time-efficient.
Why do we collect this information?
We only collect personal information that is necessary for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity
- To confirm your registration
- To provide our service
- To communicate with you regarding our service and site updates
- To understand your needs and interests
- To obtain your consent prior to using your personal information for any other purpose
The log data that we collect provide statistics that help us:
- Analyze our site traffic
- Identify our visitors' preferences and interests
- Tailor content to users' interests and needs
- Troubleshoot problems
With whom do we share your personal information?
We appreciate the trust you place in us and respect your privacy.
You can count on us to never sell or rent your personal information to third parties for the purpose of marketing.
Likewise, we will not share or disclose your personal information without your knowledge and consent, except in very specific, limited circumstances,* such as:
- when permitted or required by law, and/or
- when required to enable service providers who assist us in our operations. (NOTE: These service providers will not contact you directly.)
* In accordance with Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIDEDA).
How do we protect your personal information?
We make every effort to ensure the safety of your personal information, and to protect it from unauthorized access and disclosure.
We use appropriate security measures when collecting, storing and destroying (at your request) your personal information.
We are committed to continually reviewing and updating our security policies and controls as technology changes, to ensure the ongoing security of your personal information.
That being said, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure.
We encourage you to choose a strong password, and to avoid disclosing it to others.
What are your privacy options and choices?
By completing the CommuniVETTM sign-up form and clicking the opt-in link in the confirmation email we send you, you agree to the collection and use by us of the private information you provide.
It goes without saying that you are free to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do so in two ways:
- By clicking on the unsubscribe link on any email messages you receive from us, or
- By sending an email from the email address you used to sign up (i.e., the address with which you log in to CommuniVETTM) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As sorry as we will be to see you go, we promise to honour your wishes, and delete your personal information from our database
How can you access and/or edit your personal information?
Want to check your CommuniVETTM profile? Update your personal and/or professional information? Change your email address and/or your password?
Just click on "Edit your profile" in the navigation bar, and sign in using your current username and password.
When you have finished editing your profile, click on "Save profile" to confirm the change(s).
CommuniVETTM may update this policy from time to time.